Youth on Course (YOC)
The City of San Mateo’s Poplar Creek Golf Course is an active member in the NCGA’s Youth on Course (YOC) program. The YOC offers children across Northern California 18 years and under the opportunity to play some of the area’s best courses for $5 or less while kids put to use the life skills and values training they learned in their Youth on Course certified program. In order to take advantage of this program, junior golfers need to log onto the NCGA web site www.ncga.org and follow the directions below to become a certified Youth on Course member. This is the same format for current members of the Poplar Creek YOC wanting to RENEW their YOC membership.
How to renew or become a new YOC member:
- Go to www.ncga.org and click on the juniors tab on the navigation bar.
- Click on the Youth on Course icon and read the important information on the program.
- Click on the Juniors Only icon.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click where it says, “Sign Up” under the log-in.
- Fill in the required registration information. It will require the parent to confirm their e-mail in order to have a valid account.
- Have your parent or guardian approve your participation in the program via the email reply.
- Complete the Curriculum Requirements.
After the NCGA checks to see your answers are valid, you will be able to join the e Club. You will then receive a YOC Golf Handicap Index Number (GHIN).
IMPORTANT: In order to receive your benefits write your number down so you can use it at participating courses until you receive your card from the NCGA. Print the YOC certificate. Have it signed by a golf professional or coach and mail to the NCGA. The NCGA then will send you your YOC membership card and sticker in the mail.
IF YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS REGARDING THE NCGA YOC PROGRAM PLEASE CONTACT THE NCGA (831) 625-0150.
Northern California Junior Golf Association (JGANC)
Poplar Creek Golf Course has partnered with the JGANC in the way of hosting 3 junior golf tournaments annually. The Tom Culligan Junior Tournament is held in June. The Robert O’Brien Junior Tournament is held in July as well as the JGANC Jr. Advisor Shootout. The JGANC offers many playing opportunities for children throughout Northern California. We would like to encourage all junior golfers to join their association to take advantage of their many programs. Their web site is www.jganc.org.